Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Black Cat [1963]



Killer Kittens From Beyond The Grave is getting into The Horrors of it All's week-long celebration of Edgar Allan Poe's 200th birthday (January 19, 1809) with both paws!

Courtesy of The Karswell Longboxes, feast your hungry eyes upon THE BLACK CAT, lovingly lifted from TALES OF TERROR, Dell's 1963 comic book adaptation of TALES OF TERROR, Roger Corman's 1962 film adaptation (starring the irreplaceable Vincent Price) of Poe's original works. There's a whole lotta love (and linkage) up in here alla-a-sudden!

This story perfectly illustrates merely one of the many reasons why it's just not a good idea to mess with a cat person. Enjoy!


8 comments:

Mr. Karswell said...

Booze and cats... purrrfect. Thanks again for hosting Kitty!

Kitty LeClaw said...

Booze, cats, and bloody (bricky) MURDER!!! Thanks to YEW for supplying the material for MEW!

GFS3 said...

The Black Cat is a classic. I'm glad to see someone else is as passionate about Poe as I am and celebrating his 200th. I just did a post crediting the crazy bastard with inventing the modern zombie story:

http://tinyurl.com/8ge6uu

Go Edgar!

Unknown said...

There is a lesson to be learned from Poe's tales. Never, never, ever accept Amontillado from Montressor, unless you want to end up behind a brick wall.

joe ackerman said...

sweet. I've never seen the film before. I'm gonna have to seek it out.

Anonymous said...

Funny thing is, Vincent Price really did like cats in real life, and he had a black one named Albert that he adopted after it wandered into the theatre while he was rehearsing a play. My black cat approves. :)

Kitty LeClaw said...

Pudding Monkey said: "My black cat approves."

Mine, too! He told me that if I didn't post this, he would withhold his purring services for a month!

Anonymous said...

My kitty's revenge is usually to bite me in the dark. Wait. He does that when he's happy, too. Never mind.